Sunday, August 21, 2011

Leaving on a Jet plane

It's been a hectic week. I finished summer semester on August 13th and since then I've been preparing for my departure and tying all loose ends back in Canada.
I am currently alone waiting at the airport. Honestly, I don't think the idea of me being in a foreign country all by myself for the next 5 months has even hit me yet. My mom, Julie and Dai dropped me off at the airport. I really tried to hold back the tears but that was a #fail.
While I finished my last goodbye phone call I realize that I am scared, anxious, nervous... but I keeping trying to remind myself that I am following my dreams and goals. Regardless of all the negative emotions I may feel prior to being in Korea deep down I know that I want this with all my heart. I knew this the moment I truly thought my plans to Korea would be cancelled at the Korean Consulate when I had issues with my visa. When I thought I wasn't able to apply for a student visa I cried so hard. My world felt like it was crashing down and I never realized how bad I really wanted this. Although discouraged at first, I didn't give up and I (and my amazing family) did everything I/we could do to continue this trip. So whenever I have second thoughts about Korea I just think of that time when it was almost taken away from me and how much I wanted it.
So this is my suggestion for you guys:
Keep searching, be curious, build your own opinions and then question them, open your mind to the things you thought you didn't like or that your scared of, speak up, work passionately, and never stop loving and smiling ..
PS: I had a going away party this weekend at my friend's house. Many of my close friends attended and we had a great night! Here are some pictures. LoVe my family and friends always and forever, it's not goodbye its see you later <3














No comments:

Post a Comment